Tuesday, February 19, 2008

London Marathon



I have run a number of marathons over the last two years but London is the first for charity. Since I took part in my first race, just over 3 years ago, I have gotten more and more into the buzz of running. So much so that I have been mad enough to take part in 5 marathons since my first, Barcelona, in March 2006. After setting a time of 4:09 in Barcelona I completed Berlin and Dublin towards the end of 2006. My training for the latter two was poor and my times were nothing to shout about.



In 2007 I completed Belfast in 4:07 without pushing the boat out on the training front. So with the improvement behind me I set about working my a$s off for Dublin. With a few extra training runs and a bit of help from my friends at the IrishFit.com Saturday running group I managed to achieve the Holy Grail of a sub 4 (3:56) in Dublin. Now, my aim for London is to beat this time.

I am running the London Marathon for the Concern Worldwide Charity, a very worthy cause working towards the elimination of extreme poverty in the worlds poorest countries. If you wish to donate you can vist my fundraising website here:


As part of my fundraising I will be running a sweepstake where for a small donation you can guess my finishing time. While I am aiming for less than 3:50 people can guess faster or slower or even a non finish! The winner will get a nice prize depending on the amount raised.


Rob

No comments: