Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thurs 8x800m

Got down to Rushcutters for a speed session with the HuRTS crew. A good turnout today with some of the faster runners, including Chris Truscott, joining us. Even Timmy made an appearance, showing a few extra inches around the midriff following his Christmas lay off. Gives me confidence that I can beat him in another 10k.
Ran a steady pace of around 3:24 per km for each rep, finishing around 2:46 each time. Pushed hard on rep 5 to shake off John Bowe and show him that I'm still faster, then reverted back to the previous pace, holding steady with Laura. Pushed hard on the last rep at 3:18 per km to finish. A good tough speed session that gave me confidence that I didn't lose too much pace over the Christmas. 12kms all up including the run to and from Rushcutters.

No comments: