Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas running and a 5k PB

Well, I'm just back from our two week break in Ireland for Christmas and New Years. We had a very enjoyable time and it was great to be with family for Charlie's first Christmas. He was thoroughly spoiled. I managed to keep my training up over the period although there weren't too many speed sessions. Mainly 10k to 15k tempo runs near my home in Drogheda and Elaine's in Dublin. I also managed to squeeze in one long run last Friday and a 5k race on New Year's Day. My target for that was to break 18 minutes and I squeezed over the line in just under, 17:59. My Garmin said that I ran 5.1kms so I may not have run the fastest line. Very happy with my time and a nice was to kick off 2013, especially considering I had a few drinks the night before and a big breakfast that morning.

No comments: