Friday, January 11, 2013

Fri - Heat and Hills at Balls Head

Got out for 13km today. It's normally my rest day but as I missed out on Tuesday I decided to get a hilly run in. With Kanser, Tom, Eoin and Big Sam turning up I knew the pace was going to be solid. I hadn't run Balls Head in a while and had forgotten how hilly and tough it is, especially in the heat. Started to struggle at 7kms and fell back with John and Craig but pulled it back a bit on the downhills and joined back with the lead group going by Luna Park. Then I had an urgent need to use the toilet so ducked off at 10kms to find some public facilities under the Harbour Bridge. And very impressive facilities they were. Electronic doors, toilet roll dispenser and a piano version of Joe Cocker's hit, 'Love lift us up where we belong' when I locked the door. Good to see the North Sydney Council putting rate funds to good use! Slogged it back at a much slower pace for the last 3kms to finish just over the hour.
I've a feeling my arms will be hurting again tomorrow after my second CrossFit session this morning. Although, on the plus side, I finally found a set that I am good at, box jumps. And who says white men can't jump.
Nice to see Two Tyres Timmy putting a challenge down for the next Striders 10k. Judging by the weight he's currently carrying, I should be able to beat him hands down yet again.

 

No comments: