Monday, January 14, 2013

Saturday shocker

Met up with Tom, Kanser, Big Sam and Macca in Manly for a 32k long run. Tom and Sam were a big dusty after a big night on Friday with Charlie so the pace to start off was pretty cruisey. Despite this, I struggled from early on. I was feeling pretty ordinary after a busy week of training and the 32 degree temps didn't help. Got to 12k before we got our first water and I was already dehydrated. Struggled to hang on after that and the lads dropped me around 15k. My head went after that and I jogged for a while then walked by the beaches to take in the views at Narrabeen. Decided to call it a day at 21k and got a taxi back to Tom's. Got greeted by Dave who had just finished the 32k in a very solid time, with some sub 4 minute kms thrown in. Called up to Tom's for a dip in his pool and a chat to the family. Spent the rest of the day taking it easy at the beach but still couldn't get fully hydrated. Decided to take Sunday off and bring Charlie out for his first swim.

No comments: