Tuesday, December 18, 2012

4 x 10 minutes

Another hot day for a speed session with HuRTS but that's what happens with midday sessions in summer. Stayed with JC, Samsy and Luke for the first rep and pushed the pace a bit but felt good, getting to just before the NSW library. Samsy and JC took off on the second rep with Luke and i hanging on their coattails. Got back 25 seconds under the 10 minutes and I knew I'd pay for it on rep 3. Fell back a bit on the way out, running with Laura and Luke with my target now the top of the Domain hill, 100m back from the previous run out. Turned for rep 4 and managed to pick it up again in the last 500m to stay with Samsy and finish 30 seconds under. 10kms all up in 39:05 running time. Took a dip in the Harbour afterward with Tom and co showing off their lack of swimming prowess. Better than me all the same, as I hung onto the ladder, not for fear of sharks but fear of sinking. I need to sort out my swimming.

No comments: